So these are some of the things that have stayed on my mind longer than the initial rush of excitement... I think that's a good sign, right?
1. Real Techniques Blush Brush - This one has been on my mind for a very, very long time. I have quite a few RT brushes but this one has remained elusive. I can't seem to find a store that sells the single brushes in Ontario! Any suggestions?
2. The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil - I've decided to at least try using a cleansing oil. If Caroline Hirons says it's okay, then it must be, right? I'm still trying to decide between this one from The Body Shop and the Rice Water Cleansing Oil from The Face Shop - perhaps I'll end up with both?
3. The Body Shop Facial Massager - I saw this on Caroline Hirons' blog a while back, and it looks absolutely divine. Using this with the cleansing oil for a nice facial massage/cleanse sounds heavenly. It looks a bit scary, but Caroline actually posted a short video of herself using it and it looks to be quite tame and lovely.
4. NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Beige - My local PharmaPlus has revamped their NYX section (yet again) so I've been pretty keen on expanding my NYX collection, which is currently very small. This lipgloss seems to get a lot of coverage in the blogosphere, so I think it's time to see what all the fuss is about!
5. Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick - This is definitely a Laura/BuyNowBlogLater lemming want. She (and a billion other UK bloggers) posted about this launch a while back. She showed us Petal and Suede and I want them both, and maybe some more. I haven't been a huge Clinique person since their 3 step skincare system destroyed my skin, but I don't think lipstick can do much harm in terms of acne. Somehow I cannot seem to find these exact shades in Canada - perhaps they are called something different here? Or we're eons behind the rest of the world?
6. Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Buff - I'd also happily settle for "Nude" here, but "Buff" seems like it will do the trick perfectly. I've heard great things about the formula, and this colour seems like it gives that perfect "effortless light pink" lip look I strive for. Which is actually very difficult to achieve when one has moderately pigmented/red lips naturally. #makeupproblems
7. Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll Kiss & Blush - Doesn't matter what colour (well, maybe not fuchsia or neon orange) but I want to try these out so badly. Naturally, they're obscenely expensive so I'm very hesitant, but they're on my list anyway because the urge is there and has been for a long time. I'm in it mostly for the blush, to be honest. And I'm willing to shell out for blush.
8. Clarins Extra Comfort Foundation - Another want influenced by Laura. All I've heard are raves about this stuff, and I've been wanting to get myself a sample of 103 Ivory, but the testers have been mysteriously missing every time I go to the Clarins counter. A sales associate once tried to convince me that 107 Beige would work for me and I had to stifle a snort and eye-roll as she tried feverishly (and unsuccessfully) to blend it into my wrist. Let's get serious here.
9. NARS Blush - I've been wanting to add to my NARS blush collection, as the four that I have are all lovely but are starting to bore me. I'm hemming and hawing over Dolce Vita, Mata Hari, or even Albatross as a highlighter. Because goodness knows I don't have nearly enough highlighters in my life...
So that's my wishlist for September, once my August No-Buy comes to an end... some honourable mentions include Indeed Labs' new Hydraluron Jelly, REN's new 1 Minute Facial, a sample of YSL's new foundation, and a quick tour around The Face Shop. I'm quite sure all of these will be investigated as well. I hope it goes without saying that not all of the items above will be purchased as the clock rolls over to September 1, if at all - the point of this no-buy was to save up for a special something, and that special something is not beauty-related! But I do still enjoy a few pretty new things every so often. Or maybe too often...